Monday 12 November 2012

Hair up research...






This is the Kaybi tribe, I like this tribe because I like the way they are dressed and it has given me ideas on how to dress my models, even though he is not wearing a lot I like how they have used bright coloured jewerlly to cover up the top part of him , it makes it fit into the tribal theme. The tattoos are also can also similar to the Maori tribe and also reminds me of the rodarte work i want to do on my models arms. There tattoos that they had done were done by women.

Reference: http://www.larskrutak.com/articles/Kayabi/index.html 

I like the hair in this image, because I think there is good use of different shapes in the hair  this is from the plaits that are used. The plaits in the hair also make the hair look more bold and bulky which makes it stand There is also a piece of material and Tiara in her hair. I also really like the nose piercing as I think it adds to the tribal effect, and the eye make-up makes the make-up bold and stand out. This is because the line is thick and sharp.


I really like the shape that has been created on the hair. I like how it is all sleeked back,
then there is a bold section on the top part of the hair. Again this hair is bold and stands out. I also like how there is colour in the hair. If i was to re-create this I would add a lot of crepe hair into the design this will the add more colour and texture to the hair. The plaits also add texture to the hair and make it bold again if I was to re-create this image I would use crepe hair to create the plaits. 


I really like the feathers used, and the part of the hair where the material is wrapped
around the hair. The top part of the hair makes it look as if there's a Mohawk coming off of her head. I also really like the use of colour that it used. The make up from her eye upwards is really nice as they have used natural tone around the eyes then brighter colours on the forehead. There are also patterns with in the colours. There are also twisted bits of hair which add a nice effect. 




I really like this feathered hair piece which has given inspiration to use feather on my models hair. I also like the make up as it's not to bold but the make up around the eyes stand out quite a lot, I like the colours which are used because they are quite natural tones and subtle. 


I like these images because the with patterns really stand out, this gives me inspirations on doing marks down the chest as it is quite similar to the Rodarte theme. I also like how the marks are all down the body down to the legs. The hair is quite nice and simple the use of aaccessorises covers the hair and then all we can see is the little ponytail.  


This make up look is quite cool, I really like it because I think there are a lot of materials which have been used to create it. For example he has a moustache made from feathers. His beard is also fake which means they have used a wig to create it.  he also has feathers coming off of his ears which is connected to his hat that he is wearing. 


I like this image because I think the accessories and clothes go really well with the theme. I also like the make up because it is quite simple the main work on the nose and forehead and the eyes. They have used a natural tone, I like the fact that the same colour goes through the hair. It make the hair look like it has been powdered.  Where the hair has been plaited the are also gold strands in the hair this is quite cool because there a light dull colours so the gold in the hair stands out. 

This video of Nicki Minaj- Pound the alarm. This video gave me a lot of ideas, there was use of bright colours, accessorises and lots of feathers. The feathers gave me the inspiration to use them on the head and coming off the shoulders, and the use of red feathers gave me the idea to base the make-up on the face in red because it is bold and stands out. 


http://www.4hairgain.com/tribal-hair-styles-for-fashion/#!prettyPhoto
I like this image because they have used material which in betweenthe hair which I think has made the hair style look more tribal looking. I really like the way the hair looks as if it has been weaved through all around the hair and then the materail is also weaved through the hair. The hair still has volume and is also really big in height this would look good from all angels and it stands out quite well. 

All these images are from google. 

No comments:

Post a Comment