Tuesday 11 December 2012

Clothes research...

Catwalk...



As I have based my catwalk look on the rodarte theme, I have looked into what they wore on the catwalk. there is a lot of black and red dark colours. This has made me want to use a black top, I think I am going to use a black boob-cube top so that there aren't any sleeves and that the chest shoulders and arms can be seen well, I want to do this because I am going to do the the rodarte on the arms so I want it to be the main focus and really visible and by having nothing on the shoulders and arms will make this quite visible. As I have decided to use feathers on the hair I think I might use a lot of feathers to make a feathered shoulder piece.


Editorial...


 Aztec t-shirt from Topman
 Aztec t-shirt from Topman


My first idea was for my model to wear a t-shirt with a Aztec pattern's all over the t-shirt which I thought would go well with the tribal theme. However I decided that I wanted to experiment with material instead of just buying a t-shirt. I bought fabric from fabric land, and tired different of ways of wrapping it around the body, to see which way it worked best. When doing so I took into consideration that I was going to do scarification at the top of the shoulders so I had to leave enough space so that the scars could be seen and so they didn't get ruined. I also bought a necklace which was made from a material which was similar to the one that I used to wrap around my model, it had bead going through it and hanging off of it. However i felt like the necklace did not go with the material.

No comments:

Post a Comment