Monday 10 December 2012

Editorial template/mood-board/storyboard....

This image is my storyboard for my editorial shot, the images I have used images that that inspired me to create my look. For example I am going to use scarification in my shoo, so I looked up images that related to scarification. I have also used images which are related to hair for example the shapes that they have used with the cuts of the shaven parts of the hair, this inspired me to use the fullers-earth and create shapes into the head and mixing it with the hair. I have also added images the products that i will be using to create my look, I will be using fuller-earth the forehead and hair. I will also use foundation to give a nice base coat of foundation, the rice will be use for the scarification on the arms and the tuplast will be used to create the scars down the face. In the top left hand corner, I have stuck down images that I would want my model to pose like in my photo shoot, I think this is a good idea because when it comes to my shoot I can just show my model my mood-board then they can pose similarly to the models on my mood-board I also think this will make my model feel more comfortable. 

This is my face template for my editorial look, my theme is scarification and Maori tattoo's.
On the cheeks of the face I am going to use Gylkec wax to create the scars, this is because it will give it a thickish bump on the cheeks which will make it stand out. I can then go over this with my foundation to blend it in with the skin tone. On the top of the head I want to use the Maori tribe as an inspiration and use shapes on the forehead, and use my supra palette to add colour to it. My models hair is quite short so there is not a lot I can do with it,I have decided to put fullers-earth going from the forehead into the hair again in a triangle shape so that it goes with the rest of the shapes on the forehead. 

This is an image of what I will be doing on my models shoulders and what he
will be wearing.  I have linked this shoot to scarification, and as I have done scarification on the face with wax, I decided it would be a good idea to use a different texture on the body, so I am going to use rice to create this pattern. I am going to stick the rice down with Duo glue. I have bought fabric from fabric land to wrap around my model leaving minimal flesh showing. I have also bought a necklace with beads on it and and a big circle at the bottom of it with beads coming off of it, the circle also has smaller circles with in it.

Here is a final template of what my model will be wearing.  Black trousers, and material wrapped around the body. With a tribal themed necklace. I might spray triangle shapes on to the fabric, this will also add colour on to the fabric and it will also add a bit more of a tribal theme to the clothes. I also have a tribal looking necklace  where it is made from fabric and then beads are attached it to it there is also a circular patterned circle with beads also hanging off of that. With the hair I am going to apply fullers-earth from the forehead upwards into the hair and colour it in gold. I am then going to draw triangles on to  the rest of the forehead and colour them in with my supra palette. I am going to use colours like blue, green and red as they are bright and they will stand out. For the rest of the make up I am going to do scarification on the face I am going to use wax to make the skin look bumpy and bold. I will then put the foundation on top of the scars so that it blends in with my models skin tone. I am also going to do scarification down the shoulders, however I am going to use rice and use Duo glue to stick it down with. 

In this image I drew an idea of what my model could have worn. I designed a bright coloured t-shirt, with lots of colour, patterns and shapes to relate it to tribalism. He would wear black trousers so that the colours on the top stand out more. With his hair , because it is quite short I am going to leave his hair how it is and then add fullers-earth going from his forehead into his hair in a triangle shape and then I am going to coat it with gold supra colour. I am also going to add smaller triangles on to the forehead and colour them in my with supra palette as well.  On the cheeks I am going to use wax and build up a thick base to make the skin look really bumpy, I will then coat it over with foundation so it blends in with the skin tone. 

This is another image where I have designed a shirt, it is a blue and again it is covered with  shapes and patterns which resemble tribalism. I have also drawn for my model to wear red chino's, by my model wearing red chino's I think they will stand out and they also fit into the tribal theme. However the red and blue together might look a bit bright so it may not work. With the hair and make- up I am going to use fullers-earth on the forehead going into the hair and then drawing triangles onto the forehead. I am also going to do scars down both sides of the cheeks. 


This is an image of the model that I am going to be using for my editorial shoot. I think that he will be a good model because he has good clear skin which will allow me to do the scars on his face properly with out dents and bumps, he also has his nose pierced and a stretcher in his ear which I think fits in with the tribal theme. My models has short hair so there is not a lot I can do with it however, I will use the fullers-earth that is on his forehead and bring it into the hair. 
This is my editorial mood-board it has references to scarification, the Maori tribe accessorizes and clothes that my model can wear. I think the clothes on my mood-board are tribal themes as they have patterns down them and the colours used relate to tribes. The image with the four men in the catwalk inspired me to use material instead of clothes, as they have used baggie shirts I really like this look. The I also really like the image underneath as they have use accessories like shoulder pads with different shapes and patterns to give it a tribal themed look. 

No comments:

Post a Comment